When you roof begins to wear, you may have signs that leaking is occurring. If left untreated, this can create havoc in your home and ruin your interior without repair. Keeping a mindful eye on your Fort Wayne roofing can help you identify when leaking is evident, protecting your home from water damage. Look for these signs that your roofing may have leaking problems.
- Curling and buckling: When your Fort Wayne roofing starts to curl and buckle, this is a sign that it is no longer protecting your home. Over time, the sun causes your shingles to wear and signs of curling and buckling means that water is able to penetrate beneath your roof. This can cause water to leak into your home and needs repairs to prevent damage from occurring.
- Missing shingles: If you notice that you are missing shingles on your Fort Wayne roofing, you need to get repairs done fast. These missing shingles are leaving your home exposed to the elements and can easily create leakage within your home. Have a professional roofing contractor replace your missing shingles to ensure your home is properly protected from moisture entering the premises.
- Aging and wear: Your roof may be past its prime and aging beyond its usefulness. You may need repairs or a new Fort Wayne roofing installation to protect your home from leaks. When your roof is worn out, it is no longer able to provide maximum weather protection and can easily let water in that can ruin your home’s structure and interior.
- Ceiling damage: When you see signs of water marks on your home’s interior ceiling, this is an indication that water is getting in from your roof. You need to have your Fort Wayne roofing inspected by a professional roofing contractor to find out what is causing the leak. Be sure to have roofing repairs done quickly because these problems can get worse over time, creating costly damage to your home.
- Daylight showing through: If you can see daylight showing through from inside your home, this is a clear sign that your Fort Wayne roofing is no longer doing its job. You may have areas of your roof that have missing or worn shingles, exposing your home to the outdoor elements. This is a problem that you will want to have inspected immediately before water gets in and creates a hazard.
- Granules in the gutters: As your Fort Wayne roofing shingles wear, they lose their effectiveness. A sign that your shingles are no longer effective is when their granules are showing up in your gutters. This means your shingles are no longer able to protect your home from water penetration and a new roof may be necessary to alleviate the issue.
Having your home’s Fort Wayne roofing regularly inspected can prevent leaks that can cause serious damage. Contact Key Exteriors, Inc. for your roofing repairs and installation. We are located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, Ind. Visit our website at keyexteriors.com or call 260-492-8062.