Adding the right Fort Wayne roofing to your home is a matter of understanding the type of material that will work best for the climate you are in, as well as the aesthetic appearance you are going for. There are several types of shingle offerings that you can select from for your home’s roof – all offering their own distinct advantages. Here are five roofing types to consider for installation on your home.
- Asphalt shingles: The most common type of Fort Wayne roofing that most homeowners select for installation on their home is asphalt shingles. This traditional roofing material is designed to last for 20-30 years, offering plenty of protection from the elements on your home. It combats sunlight and keeps your home cooler. It is also one of the most economical roofing materials you can select for your home.
- Wood shingles: This type of Fort Wayne roofing is preferred by homeowners looking for a more natural look on their home. Wood shingles have a longer life than asphalt roofing as they are designed to last as long as 30 years and up to 50 years, depending on the wood material chosen for installation. Using cedar or redwood provides a durable option that combats the wear of the weather.
- Tile shingles: For homes with a Spanish flare, tile shingles provide an appearance that is reminiscent of this home style. This Fort Wayne roofing has a long life, lasting more than 50 years. Tile shingles combat the weather with good durability and can keep your heating and cooling costs down. Depending on the structure of your home, tile shingles may not be the best option as they are heavy in weight and need a good support system for installation.
- Slate shingles: For an extremely durable Fort Wayne roofing option, you may want to consider slate shingles. Popular in the Northeast where the product is manufactured, slate shingles offer 50 years or more of life, but are a more expensive roofing material than most others offered. There are synthetic options available that have the look of slate shingles without the added cost.
- Metal roofing: Some homeowners prefer the look of metal Fort Wayne roofing on their home. This durable roofing material will last as long as you own your home, offering maximum durability against the elements without any signs of wear. Metal roofing can be installed in homes all over the U.S. as it is constructed of galvanized steel sheets that are ideal for a steep or sloping roof that allows for water runoff.
Choosing the right Fort Wayne roofing for your home depends on the look you are trying to achieve with its installation as well as how much life you are looking to get out of your home’s roof. When you are in need of roof installation for your home, contact Key Exteriors, Inc. We are experienced in new roof installation, replacement, and repairs. We are located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Call us at 260-92-8062 or visit our website at www.keyexteriors.com. We look forward to working with you!