Giving your home a new look can be as easy as installing new windows. Not only will you benefit from an enhanced appearance, but you will also gain from additional energy savings. New windows offer superior construction and added durability. You’ll have a window product with a longer life that provides plenty of appeal inside and outside of your home. Knowing when your windows life is ending can be determined by paying attention to these key signs.
- Cloudy panes: Over time, the panes of your windows can start to lose their luster. They may begin to cloud or hold moisture. This occurs because the seals have broken inside your window pane. The moisture from the outside is trying to make its way into your home and has become trapped in between the panes of glass. With new window replacement, you’ll have a better view that is clear inside and out.
- Increased energy costs: Your windows are a major cause of heat and cooling loss. Older windows can allow outdoor air to drift into your home. If you notice that your windows are cold to the touch, then cold air is leaking inside your home. Windows that are too hot are allowing too much sunlight in, which can also increase your energy bill. Replace your windows for significant savings on your energy costs as they will block cold and hot air from entering your home.
- Rotting or cracking frames: As your windows age, the frames around the panes can begin to rot and crack. If left unattended, they can harbor mold growth, which is a danger to your health. Moisture is getting into your windows and causing damage to the frame. This is a sign that it is time to replace your windows with newer models.
- Interior fading: Older windows are not as durable as the new windows on the market. They may have only a single pane of glass, which can cause your home’s interior to fade. You may notice that there is sun damage to your furniture and pictures. This can be avoided by replacing your windows with models that have multiple panes to block the sun’s rays from penetrating your home.
- Updated look: You may just want to have your replaced as a way to give your home an updated look. New windows can change the way your home looks and add a more modern style to your house. This is one of the best reasons to have your windows replaced. You’ll notice the difference immediately after installation.
Look for these signs in your windows to determine if you need window replacement at your home. When you need your windows replaced, contact Key Exteriors, Inc. We have 14 years of experience installing, repairing, and maintaining residential windows and can help you select the right type for your home. Contact Key Exteriors, Inc. at 260-492-8062.