When your roof leaks it is a sure-fire sign that there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. Leaving these Fort Wayne roofing leaks to fester not only can create damage inside your home, but it can cost more than expected if the problem is left to worsen. If you see an indication that water is coming into your house from your roof, check these common causes for roofing leaks.
- Shingle wear and damage: If your leak problems are coming from the shingles in your Fort Wayne roofing, it may be time to consider having a new roof installed. A typical roof lasts 25-30 years, and it may be time to replace yours. As your shingles breakdown from the weather, they lose their effectiveness, and you will need to replace them with a more durable material to prevent further water damage to your home.
- Flashing issues: One of the most common reasons for leaks in a home is problems with the flashing. The flashing on your Fort Wayne roofing is designed to keep water out of seams and transition areas on your roof. Over time your flashing may break down, or it may not have been installed properly to begin with. Have your professional roofing company inspect your flashing to determine if this is the cause of water leaks in your home.
- Improper skylight installation: Skylights were popular in many homes as a way to let in more natural light. These roofing windows are notorious for leaks as many were not installed properly. As your skylight ages, it may also be letting water into your home. If you notice water pooling around or on your skylight, this is an indication that the Fort Wayne roofing around it is damaged and needs repairs.
- Chimney problems: Having a chimney that’s filled with cracks can cause water to get into your home. The flashing around the chimney may also be failing and letting moisture creep into your home without warning. Your Fort Wayne roofing service can easily repair the roofing issues you are facing around your chimney, and stop the leak that is occurring in your home.
- Incorrect pipes, vents and ducts installation: Your Fort Wayne roofing includes a series of cuts for pipes, vents, and ductwork which can leave areas for water to seep into your home. Again, the flashing around these cutouts may not be doing its job, causing you a headache that is letting water come in. Allow your Fort Wayne roofing company to inspect these areas for leak problems and repair the flashing surrounding them.
Have your Fort Wayne roofing service inspect your roof regularly to avoid leak problems that could damage the interior of your home. When you are in need of roofing installation, repairs, or maintenance for your home, contact Key Exteriors, Inc. We are located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, IN. Call us at 260-92-8062 or visit our website at www.keyexteriors.com. We look forward to working with you! https://badgerherald.combadgerherald.com