When you are looking to add new Fort Wayne roofing to your home, you need to think about the type of roof you want to install. There are a variety of roof types that are available for the home – each offering their own benefits and advantages. Consider these roofing types when you are looking to install a new roof.
- Asphalt: One of the most common roofing types in Fort Wayne is asphalt shingles. This type of roofing typically lasts 20 years and provides plenty of protection for your home. It has an extremely effective waterproofing ability and is ideal for a wide range of temperatures and weather elements. It comes in a variety of styles and colors, allowing you to select the perfect shingle to complement your home’s appearance.
- Slate: Slate is a durable roofing material that is engineered to last as long as 100 years in Fort Wayne. It has very low maintenance and is also fire resistant. Many homeowners gravitate towards slate as it offers a natural appearance that blends well with many home architectures. Slate, however, is a very heavy roofing material and your home will have to be able to bear the weight in order to have it installed. Additional supports may be necessary to hold a slate roof.
- Wood: Another roofing option is wood shingles. This is an environmentally-friendly roofing selection as it is typically made from recycled materials. Wood shingles are designed to last as long as 30 years and can also be made from environmentally-responsible forest wood.
- Metal: Your home may do well with a metal roof in Fort Wayne as this type of roof is designed to last a lifetime. Metal roofs are developed to be extremely durable. They resist rust, corrosion, chipping and cracking. They also come in a series of colors that can really allow you to create an aesthetically pleasing look on your home. Metal roofs are also lightweight and environmentally friendly. They also require little to no work to maintain.
- Tile: Ceramic tiles are another roofing selection that is designed to last as long as 50 to 70 years. Advances in the roofing material allow it to resist fading from the sun. These tiles are also fire resistant, but they can crack easily under extreme temperatures.
Your home will do well with any of these Fort Wayne roofing options. Keep in mind the longevity you are looking to get out of your roof as well as the climate and environment you live in. This will help you select the right roofing material for your home. When you need roofing repairs or installations, contact Key Exteriors, Inc, a full-service roofing company that can help you with any roofing issue you have on your home. We are located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, Indiana and you are welcome to stop by and speak with us. You can also call us at 260-492-8062 or visit our website at www.keyexteriors.com.