Over time your siding can start to wear, and it may need repairs to get back its integrity and appearance. Having your Fort Wayne siding inspected regularly can help to improve your home’s appearance, and make sure those simple repairs don’t turn into a much more expensive fix. Here are some signs that your siding is in need of immediate care and maintenance.
- Age and wear: If your siding is looking past its prime, repairs may be in order to improve its look. Siding has a relatively long lifespan but it does start to wear, and age as the weather elements beat down on it. If your Fort Wayne siding looks past its prime, talk to your siding repair company about a replacement option.
- Missing siding: Wind can wreak havoc on your Fort Wayne siding and cause pieces to go missing. When you have areas of your home that are no longer protected, water can creep in and cause damage. Have your missing siding pieces replaced with simple repairs from a professional siding
- Moisture: When you see signs that moisture is getting behind your siding from holes or gaps, you need Fort Wayne siding repair quickly. Water is the enemy of siding and when you leave this to fester, it can lead to a costlier repair for your If you see water damage on your siding, have it inspected by your local siding repair service.
- Buckling and warping: Siding that buckles and warps indicates that there is an issue with the installation. Your siding should be seamlessly installed, but when it isn’t, a degraded look occurs. Take the time to regularly inspect your home’s Fort Wayne siding for buckling and warping. It will only worsen if it is not remedied with repairs.
- Mold and algae: If you see a build-up of mold and algae on your Fort Wayne siding, you need to have some repairs to its surface to restore its appearance. Water may be damaging the surface of your siding and creating this growth to occur. Have your professional siding company examine your home’s siding for moisture problems to alleviate it from continuing.
- Fading or discoloration: As your home ages so does the look of your siding. You may notice fading or discoloration on areas of your Fort Wayne siding where the sun is the strongest. This siding needs to be replaced to improve its appearance, and your local siding company can provide you an estimate on the work.
With regular inspection of your Fort Wayne siding, you can eliminate these repairs from becoming costly damage. Repairs to your siding that are left untreated can get worse over time and may require complete replacement to fix. When you are in need of siding repairs for your home, contact Key Exteriors, Inc. We specialize in siding installation, maintenance, and repairs. We are located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Call us at 260-92-8062 or visit our website at www.keyexteriors.com. We look forward to working with you!