Is it Time for Replacement Windows and Doors in Defiance, OH?
Windows and doors are some of the most important parts of a home. They protect from the elements and security against unwanted guests. They allow sunlight and access in and out of our homes while letting us see our surroundings without open exposure to the outside world. When these products begin to age and breakdown, they need to be replaced. But how do you know when it’s time to buy replacement windows and doors in Defiance, OH?
Here are several things you can do right now to help you evaluate your existing windows and doors to decide if it’s time for them to be replaced:
Inspect Your Windows
Take a walk through every room in your home, carefully inspecting the windows. You are looking for signs of damage or failure. Notice whether any of the following apply to your windows:
- In the summer sunlight, is the window glass hot to the touch?
- In the winter, is the glass cold to the touch?
- In the winter, do you see any condensation or frost in or on the window?
- Place your hand around the edges of each window. Can you feel any difference in temperature between your internal climate and the outside air?
- When you stand next to the window, do you notice a change in temperature?
- Do you see any evidence of dry or cracked caulk sealant, water stains, or seam rot?
- Are you dissatisfied with the overall appearance of the window? Is it outdated?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is likely time to buy replacement windows and doors in Defiance, OH for your home. Sometimes a problem can be resolved with basic maintenance care (such as applying a fresh caulk sealant). But most times, the window has exhausted its useful life and should be replaced.
Inspect your Doors
Now turn your attention to any exterior doors leading outside of your home’s living area. Test each door and take a closer look. Notice if anything is failing or damaged. Ask yourself:
- Does the door resist opening and closing?
- Are there any sticking points in the door’s travel path?
- Do you see any large or small air gaps in the fit?
- Is there evidence of warping or cracking in the door or the frame?
- Can you see rust or unsightly dents in the door or frame?
- Do you notice any air drafts or changes in temperature around the perimeter of your closed door?
Once again, if you answered yes to any of these questions, your exterior door likely needs some attention. A good door that is well maintained can last for decades. But like all good things, eventually, they meet their expiration date. If your inspection tells you the door is beyond repair, it may be time to replace it.
Choosing Replacement Windows and Doors in Defiance, OH
The marketplace is filled with options for replacement windows and doors. As a consumer, you might feel overwhelmed by the volume of choices you have in front of you. How will you know which products are made with quality and efficiency in mind? And who can you trust to help you get the job done right?
That’s where we can help. At Key Exteriors, Inc., we provide a high level of service and support to our customers. From the moment you call or set foot in our showroom, you’ll experience the friendly and helpful attention of one of our qualified experts. They will listen and discuss your situation, answer your questions, and ask questions of their own. This will help them get a better idea which window and door products will best meet your needs.
You can also schedule a convenient time to have a professional come to your home to help you evaluate your existing windows and doors. This service is free, and there is no obligation or pressure to buy anything. It’s simply part of the service we offer to the community. We aim to be the community’s preferred provider of high-quality windows and doors.
Installing New Windows and Doors
Most of us don’t have the knowledge or toolset to install their replacement windows and doors correctly. That’s why you’ll want a professional to handle the installation. Just be sure to keep a few important things in mind before you hire an outside contractor:
- Ask for references, and follow up with them
- An established contractor should have a presence online. You can learn a lot by researching a company, starting with their website.
- Make sure the installation contractor is qualified to install your specific windows. Some warranties can be voided if the installation is not done by a certified installer.
From start to finish, Key Exteriors, Inc. is here to help you to buy and install the right replacement windows and doors in Defiance, OH at the best possible price. Come and talk with our pro team today. You’ll find us at 821 W Coliseum Blvd #1, Fort Wayne, IN 46808. Call us to get started at (260) 492-8062.