Your roof provides the ultimate protection for your home. But when it is past its prime, you may start to see signs that it is time for new Fort Wayne roofing on your house. With the average roof lasting only 20 years, it is certain that you will need to replace your roof during the ownership of your home at one time or another. While age is a sure-fire indicator that new roofing installation is required, there are also other signs to watch for that mean you need new siding on your home, such as these:
- Leaks: When your home starts to see water damage on its ceilings, this is a significant sign that something is not quite right with your Fort Wayne roofing. When moisture is able to penetrate through your roofing and into your home, it can cause devastating and costly damage with little to no warning. You need to have your roofing replaced quickly to mitigate the damage and prevent any further repair costs to your home.
- Bald spots: When the shingles of your Fort Wayne roofing show signs of missing granules, this is an indication that your roofing needs an The granules of your roof act as a layer of protection against the weather and when they are absent, it means your roofing is no longer effective at keeping your home free of water. Contact your local roofing company to have new roofing installed to better protect your home, both indoors and out.
- Cracks: Cracks are a sign that your home is not receiving the support it needs from your roof. These cracks can allow moisture to penetrate and seep into your home, creating a wake of damage with its presence. When cracks appear in your roof, wear is apparent, and you need to have new roofing installed to remedy the problem.
- Curling: As your roofing wears, the shingles may begin curl from sun damage. This too can let water enter your home under the shingles, creating damage in your attic or ceilings. When you see your roofing starting to curl, it is a good idea to have a roofing company inspect it for wear. They can help replace your roofing and prevent any further damage to your home.
- Fading: Because your Fort Wayne roofing cooks in the sun day-after-day, it can easily start to fade over time. This can reduce the appearance of your home and make it look disheveled or unkempt. With a new roofing installation, you can boost your home’s look and give it a fresh, new appearance that increases your home’s value as well as provide you plenty of protection from the weather for many years to come.
Looking for these and other signs in your roof to prevent water from ruining your interior or creating damage when it shouldn’t. If a roof installation is in your near future, call Key Exteriors, Inc. We are located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, IN. Call us at 260-492-8062 or visit our website at www.keyexteriors.com.