When it comes time to hire a siding contractor for your home improvement project in Fort Wayne, you need to vet the company you have decided to work with to ensure your expectations are met when the job is complete. Asking the right questions, doing your homework, and following up can ensure you team up with a siding company that will provide you with services you are happy with at a cost you can afford. Be sure to follow these steps before you sign on the dotted line with your siding contractor.
- Get a referral: Start your search for a siding company by asking your friends and family for a siding contractor that they recommend in Fort Wayne. If they were happy with the work the company did, that is a good sign that you will also be satisfied with the job they do for you as well. This will also help to narrow down your search.
- Look at online reviews: Before you contact the Fort Wayne siding company, you plan on working with, you need to do a little digging. Look for online reviews about the contractor to determine the type of work they perform. Past customer reviews can be quite telling in what you can expect from the company you plan to hire.
- Ask for references: When you meet with a siding contractor in Fort Wayne, ask for a list of references. This can put you in touch with customers that they have worked for in the past. Be sure to contact these references and find out if they were satisfied with the job. Some may even let you see the work first hand, which can help you make up your mind on whether or not to hire the company.
- Check for insurance: Before you agree to work with a siding contractor, you need to make sure they carry full insurance to cover injury or damages that could occur at your home in Fort Wayne. Ask to see proof of the insurance and walk away from any contractor that fails to have proof that they carry full coverage for all their employees and your home.
- Read the contract: Now that you are ready to hire your siding company, you’ll want to read the contract they have prepared for you in its entirety. This will help you to discover any red flags that you should be concerned about. Be sure you know what your responsibility is as well as the siding company’s before you sign.
Following these steps when you are looking to hire a siding contractor in Fort Wayne can help you find one that is a good fit for your project. You’ll feel at ease working with them and know that you will have the job done to your satisfaction. To hire a siding contractor that you can count on, contact Key Exteriors, Inc, located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We’d be happy to answer your questions at 260-492-8062 or visit our website at www.keyexteriors.com.