The roof of your home is an important factor in keeping you protected from the elements. Over time, your roof wears and needs replacement. With the average roof in Fort Wayne lasting a total of 20-25 years, it can be a home item that you forget about easily. But it is imperative that you keep an eye out for these roofing issues that indicate that you need a new roof sooner rather than later.
- Age: The age of your roof can dictate whether or not it is time to replace it. As your roofing gets up there in age, you need to start thinking about a new installation to make sure you don’t run into problems with leaks that could threaten the interior of your home as well.
- Leaks: When your home in Fort Wayne starts to show signs of leaks from your roof, then it is certainly time to begin the replacement process. Water stained ceilings and walls mean that moisture is getting in somewhere. Water damage can be significant if left alone. It is important that you have your roof inspected at the first sign of a leak to determine if repairs can fix it or if a complete roof replacement is necessary.
- Curling: If your roofing shingles are curling and buckling, your roof is well past its useful life. This is a sign of wear that happens as your roof ages. Your shingles are only rated to protect your home for so long (usually 20-25 years) and when they can no longer provide that necessary protection, they curl under the heat of the sun, letting you know that it’s time for a roof replacement.
- Loss of granules: Another sign of wear that you may be experiencing with your roofing is a loss of the granules that make up the shingle material. When you see a large number of granules running off into your gutters, your roof is losing its protective quality and no longer can keep your home safe as it should. Contact your local roofing company to have your roof inspected to see if it is time that you have a new roof installed on your home.
- Missing shingles: When there are areas of your roofing that are missing entire shingles, you need to have repairs or a new roof installed fast. These open areas are leaving your home susceptible to water damage. Water can run into your home’s interior, causing more damage than necessary.
- Light to the sky: One of the worst issues to have with your roof is a complete exposure to the elements. When you can see daylight from inside your home to the outdoors, you need a new roof immediately. Have roof installation happen as soon as possible to rectify the problem and make sure your home is protected from the weather elements before the problem gets any worse.
Watching for these roofing problems in your home in Fort Wayne can help you avoid issues inside. These signs mean a new roof is necessary and you need to act quickly before the problem worsens. For more details, you can check Fort Wayne Roofing. If you need a new roof installed on your home, contact Key Exteriors, Inc. We are located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Call us at 260-492-8062 or visit our website at www.keyexteriors.com.