The windows in your home are an important feature that not only allows sunlight and fresh air in as needed, but they provide that aesthetically pleasing touch to the architecture of your home. When your Fort Wayne windows begin to wear, they can reduce the appearance of your home and bring your total home value down. Here are five signs that your windows are in need of repairs now.
- Broken or cracked panes: If your Fort Wayne windows are broken or have cracks in the glass panes, you need to consider having window repair stat. These blemished windows not only are unsightly, but they can create a safety hazard in your home. With the instability of the panes, they can easily shatter without warning and cause injury as well as a large mess. Don’t delay in having window repairs when you see that your windows are no longer pristine.
- Moisture buildup: Cloudy glass panes are a sure sign that something is not quite right with your Fort Wayne windows. You need to have repairs to the seals of your windows or even a complete glass replacement as moisture is seeping in between the panes, rendering your windows ineffective at keeping the elements out. Call for window repair at the first sign of moisture in any of your home windows.
- Rotting frames: The frames of your windows are key to the overall structure of the panes. Not only do they support the glass but they provide seamless integration with the interior and exterior of your home. When you start to see rotting in the wood frames, this is an indication that water is penetrating the surface and causing damage. Having your Fort Wayne windows looked at by a professional can remedy the situation and alleviate any further problems you are having with moisture getting in.
- Increased drafts: As your Fort Wayne windows age, so do the seals that keep the outdoor elements out. If you notice your energy bills increasing or feel unnecessary drafts coming from your windows, it is time to have some much-needed repairs. New seals may alleviate the draft problem, or a window replacement may be required.
- Poor window operation: When your windows won’t open and close properly, it can be frustrating to deal with. You may have broken latches, locks or pulleys that need repairs to get operational again. Your window repair company can inspect your Fort Wayne windows and determine what is causing the poor operation.
Having your windows repaired as soon as you suspect something is not quite right can save you from further costly damage that can affect the integrity of your home inside and out. Have your windows repaired by a professional window company like Key Exteriors, Inc. We offer complete window repair and replacement services. We are located at 821 W. Coliseum Boulevard, Suite 1 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Call us at 260-92-8062 or visit our website at www.keyexteriors.com. We look forward to working with you!